Certification of authenticity
To obtain a certificate of archiving and authenticity of the works of Renato Guttuso it is necessary to follow the following procedure:
send the following documentation, only by mail, to the Associazione Archivi Guttuso, Piazza del Grillo, 5 – 00184 Rome:
- Three black and white photographs, format 18×24 cm., of the front of the work; taken in a professional manner accompanied by the relevant negative and printed on baryta paper with silver salts;
- A digital color reproduction of front and back in Raw and TIFF 300 DPI format on 30 cm minimum base. To be sent On DVD, CD or USB flash drive.
- A 18×24 color print of the front with reference color scale.
The photos must be accompanied by a letter containing the following:
- A description of the work: technique (oil, pencil, ink, etc ..), support (paper, canvas, etc …), dimensions (height per base);
- Name of the owner and his/her contact details;
- Regardless of the outcome of the authenticity examination of the work, this material will not be returned and will remain in the Archives.
Only after receiving all the required material can the Archives start the procedure;
We will not examine material sent by e-mail or digital images, which cannot replace professional paper photographs;
If the work is already archived, the Archives will communicate it by telephone;
If the work is not yet archived, you will be asked to bring it to the office to proceed with verification of the original;
It will be the owner’s responsibility to organize the dispatch and collection of the work, which must absolutely be unframed;
The Archives do not provide financial evaluations;
The work will be kept in storage by the Association so as to be examined and a certificate of deposit will be issued to the owner;
If delivery and/or subsequent collection is carried out by a person delegated on behalf of the owner, a proxy signed by the entitled person must be sent in advance by email or post;
At the end of the verification, where there are the requirements to insert it among the works considered authentic by the artist Renato Guttuso, a declaration will be issued on the back of a black and white photograph reproducing the work. No negative certifications will be issued.
Duplicates of the storage certificate will not be issued;
Archiving fees: drawings and mixed techniques € 500 including VAT, oil and acrylics on canvas € 1.000, inclusive of VAT.
Download the instructions to request the authentication of a work by Renato Guttuso